Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Got Grains?!

Kefir grains that is!

Now that Dr Oz has put out how good kefir is for you, everyone will want some!

Basically there are two types of kefir grains, water kefir grains and milk kefir grains.  From what I have read water grains can convert to milk grains but not the other way around.  I am currently trying to convert some of my water kefir grains to milk ones ~ I'll let you know how that goes!

You can buy kefir products at local health food stores and some grocery stores in the dairy aisle.  Or you can grow your own.

Growing your own is pretty easy and kind of fun.  You can change up the recipe and make flavors you enjoy.  I do the basic one with a slice of peeled lemon in each jar.  I have added dried apricots to get a slightly different flavor.  You can also add ginger root and make your own ginger beer.

Benefits of Kefir?  It's a natural supplier of probiotics to the digestive track.  Probiotics refers to the healthy bacteria that usually feed on the "bad" unhealthy bacteria in the stomach and intestines.  By drinking water kefir you will bring a natural balance to your internal microflora.


Get your grains today because soon they will be all gone ~ thanks Dr Oz (when he speaks the stores sell out)

UPDATE:  3/7/14
***For more info on Weston A Price Meetings ~ email me at wicomicocountywapf@yahoo.com***

***Success on making water kefir grains into milk kefir grains***



1 comment:

  1. I have free grains to share. I'm looking for Weston a price meetings, do you have any set up? Thank you

    ReplyDelete