Saturday, November 12, 2011

Because Sharing is Caring!

Well my Facebook peeps know that I am all about sharing 411 because that is caring in my book. I feel like if you don’t buy a Nutrimill, a Bosch mixer or Juice Plus from me do buy it from somewhere!! It’s that important to me that peeps get the basics, not the equipment. That’s where I am going with this blog ~ sharing 411 with other like minded peeps.

Today we attended a small group meeting of a new local Weston A. Price Foundation chapter. The topic was fermented foods. It wasn’t about selling anything it was about sharing knowledge, what has worked, what hasn’t worked and why we do what we do. We shared samples and recipes. It was nice to meet with other peeps that want to learn about our food supply and what we are putting into our bodies.

I mentioned today the book Better Health God’s Way written by Stormie Omartian. (One of my favorite authors.) Anyways, that’s what it is about in my eyes. Getting back to our basic food supply, the way it was created by HIM. We as humans have removed the nutrients from our food and have replaced it with fillers, chemicals, preservatives, etc. I refer to this as dead food. You will find these dead foods in the middle aisles of the grocery store, it’s usually in a box or can. This stuff can sit on a shelf for years. Makes you wonder how long it can sit in your body doesn’t it?! Or how our bodies react to this foreign substance we call food....

Today we sampled fermented foods: baked oatmeal, breakfast cereal, kimchi, carrots and ginger, etc. We talked about milling the grain for the bread dough, getting whey from raw milk for the fermenting, GMO corn, sources to buy from for certain items, etc. Great group meeting and I’m looking forward to the next one! It’s a fantastic way to share, brainstorm and try recipes that we have found to work for us. Did I mention we all took home a sourdough bread starter?!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so interesting Julie...I did buy that book you mentioned and I read it from cover to cover (very interesting I might add) and yes it does make one wonder what we are putting into our bodies nowdays....and is it what is causing all this cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could get the word out about Stormie's book and super glad you read it from cover to cover!! I really didn't know how BIG cancer is!! Volunteering @ Women Supporting Women has opened my eyes, touched my heart and makes me wanna help anyway I can. Why not start with the basics??? What we feed our bodies, minds and souls! Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete