Monday, September 5, 2011

Excerpt from blog: 5 Products I Gladly Pay More Money For ~ (my two favs)

from: Laura Cone, On Friday September 2, 2011, 4:29 pm EDT

Health food and drinks
I always spend extra money on health foods and drinks because it's an investment in my health. I hope to live longer and save thousands of dollars in medical bills by avoiding heart disease and diabetes. I also don't need to buy as much of the healthy food since it fills me up. For example, I am full after one slice of sprouted grain bread compared to two pieces of cheap white bread. After replacing fast food and junk food with health foods, I ended up saving $900 a year and cut my grocery bill in half.


Kitchen appliances and tools
In the past, I'd go for the least expensive dishwasher, toaster or blender I could find. The latch broke off my cheap dishwasher in less than a year. The cheap blender couldn't even mix bananas without getting clogged. And the non-stick coating on the cheap pots and pans stuck to my food. When I began investing in higher-quality kitchen tools, I found I didn't have to replace them as often. I now save about $400 a year by having quality appliances that last.

No comments:

Post a Comment